Monday 25 November 2013

Art Deco Pictures


I love the art that was made for the Art Deco movement. This piece especially is great. The perspective and choice of colours makes you feel like you are looking up from inside a building or a car. 

Gold on Black is always going to be a winner. It just looks so pure and royal, Brilliant and clean.


This is another example of a perfectly mirrored image. I like how the designer has used very earthy colours and combined the coloury opposites; Black and yellow, Green and red?... I'm not sure what shade that is?


This is an Art Deco Fan Easel by Jean Hall, I love how it all works so when together, both the Repeats and the layout.


I love my cushions, and I love to make them, but this is Art Deco and a cushion. Win win. Although, I think if I was to make a design like this. I would use a bit more colour.



An Earing made of beads. It might be a bit heavy, but it's a good idea. This would look really good repeat and sewn onto a bag.

I don't know why this is the case, but whenever I see Art like this I feel as if I have walked into a book. It's a very cool feeling. I like the differences between the thicknesses of line and the combination of shapes.



An art Deco hair comb. Truely beautiful. I can't imagine having it in my hair, but it would be interesting to give it a try.

 I like the simplicity of this image unlike the others this one doesn't seem to have a flowing shape or consistent pattern other than Triangle. But it looks pretty cool. I couldn't find the artist.

One glance at this picture and that was all it took for me to stop what I was doing and just stare for a while. The Colours in this are breathtaking, and really pretty. I could make something like this in photoshop as a print, or I could hand dye the fabrics and sew them together, or use a combination of oils and prints. It's really structured, but it has a wacky and wonderful layout.


One look at this and I thought 'Great Lace card' I wonder if I could make that on the Laser Cutter. I might give it a try, or at least something a little bit similiar.



And finally to finish with another Art Deco Fan. These are just stunning to see up close, but when you take lots of pictures of them and repeat them they're even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment